[SFD-discuss] SFD2021 in Iran report

Jorge P. de Morais Neto jorge+list at disroot.org
Sun Sep 26 14:09:27 UTC 2021

Hi.  I am new on this mailing list.  I reply below:

Em [2021-09-26 dom 10:09:00+0330], Mostafa Ahangarha escreveu:

> I am pleased to inform the world community that we in Iran managed to
> conduct 5 online events.

Congratulations and thank you!

> There were two other events organized by Blender House in Iran and
> also a telegram based community of front-end developers called Front
> Chapter in which people discussed the impact of free software in
> shaping the web.

By "telegram", do you mean the Telegram instant messenger?  Have you
considered switching to an actually free, decentralized and secure
instant messaging network like (ideally) XMPP, or, failing that, Matrix?

Telegram has a centralized, proprietary server and does not even feature
usable end-to-end encryption by default.

Kind regards,
  Jorge

--
- Many people hate injustice but few check the facts.  This provokes
  misinformation.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>