[SFD-discuss] SFD 2021 Preparation

Frederic Muller - DFF fred at digitalfreedomfoundation.org
Mon Jun 28 14:31:03 UTC 2021

Hi!

Please find answers below:

On 6/28/21 9:03 PM, Mostafa Ahangarha wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am happy to see SFD is still alive. I have these points:

We didn't die, Covid made us VERY uncomfortable to generate meetings.
One year later....here we are...

> - Lets choose one hashtag so we can find each other easier on social
> media. Is SFD2021 good?

We already have "everything" documented. If you missed it, we have a
social media #hashtag page here:
https://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/SocialNetworks

which basically gives our different addresses and hashtags. For this
year it says: "For twitter, flickr and any service using hashtags, our
tag is #softwarefreedomday or #sfd(plus)year e.g. #sfd2021 for year 2021

Ok... we're still struggling to log back into Twitter because... you
know what?... not really into those SN private/I still your data/but I
don't tell you things. And I never tell anyone when I hurt my foot.

> - Let's have an account on Mastodon (on fediverse).
mmm... I'm not sure. SN comes and goes. Over the past (almost!) 20 years
we've had our shares of different ones. However we would be more than
happy if someone can help us and take care of what they think matters.
We can discuss further, and with pleasure.

> - Make a guideline for people to know how to celebrate SFD during the
> pandemic including hold an online program on ethical/FLOSS platforms.

So we have a start "something" here:
https://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/VideoConferencing

and it is a work in progress.

Now we are a community and this information come from Julian and lmemsm.
We need to test and find out what works best for us, knowing "us" is a
wi(l)de community and we don't have a one size fit all.

Again... please try things and give us your feedback. It really helps.

Thank you and happy preparation.