[SFD-discuss] SFD 2021 registration soft opening

Frederic Muller - DFF fred at digitalfreedomfoundation.org
Sun Jun 27 11:47:37 UTC 2021

Dear all,

We've opened registration and it seems to work. We'd be happy to get
feedback if you register and have issues.

I noticed Maceio (Brazil) and Bogota (Colombia) already created wiki
pages. The wiki has been updated to allow automatic page creation and
moved to HTTPS. Note that all graphics with http only will probably not
be displayed in browser having strict SSL policy (which blocks mixed
content). So be careful with that.

In the meantime we probably will have to move away from Moinmoin later
this year as support for python3 is far from here and doing an upgrade
is going to be a headache. That means also rewriting the registration
script (somehow a good thing considering its lack of features).

Also we need to actively provide online platform information which are
free software in order for people to run online events.

So lots of little and big things.

We'll attack countdowns and artwork in the coming week.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,