[SFD-discuss] Call for Help on SVG Counter

Frederic Muller - DFF fred at digitalfreedomfoundation.org
Thu Sep 19 11:00:49 UTC 2019

Wow Excellent!

So don't worry it's not going to be for this SFD! Now I've downloaded
and install ink-generator and played with the sample file: everything works.

I'm currently using inkscape v. 0.92 (Fedora) so no issue with using
v1.0 yet.

I am not sure why I would need the export object extension though. Is it
because we have move than 1 design in the same file?

The way I look at it as we have a few languages we'll have all the
"numbered" countdown file in the same svg/csv for all languages
(actually they don't change anymore until we change the whole countdown
design).

Then we have 3 files to edit and export per language each year. They are
actually 1 file with 3 different texts. Only Spanish has a text size
change in 1 image because the text is too long. Maybe I could add font
size as a parameter (though it switches from 1 line to 2 smaller lines -
maybe something we can improve). Again I'd have 1 svg/csv pair to
generate those 3 images x translations.

So we'd end up 2 svg/csv, using on 1 pair in fact, except if we change
the countdown design.

And then we (I ;-) ) manually upload the 3 images in the wiki.

Please correct me if I missed anything!

Thank you very much.

Fred