[SFD-discuss] Website still says "SFD Registration is not yet open"

Frederic Muller - DFF fred at digitalfreedomfoundation.org
Mon Sep 16 14:08:24 UTC 2019

Hi!

Actually it has been worse this year: we usually open registration
somewhere between July and early August. Well this year it's just one
week before the official date.

Definitely not ok.

We've also lost a board member. Patrick passed away end of May and we
dearly miss him. He was someone I often used to talk to when I had all
kind of questions or issues or just how to make a better world, and I
really appreciated his presence (I could talk hours about him...). May
he rest in peace.

I believe the way we work ("we" as in DFF) no longer works and it needs
to be restructured.

So enjoy SFD, celebrate and let's meet again here after the events to
discuss further.

Thank you all for your patience again.

Fred