[SFD-discuss] [SFD-announce] Call for proposals to host SFD Summit 2012

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at member.fsf.org
Thu May 24 09:39:19 UTC 2012

So, I'm confused. Are we proposing a venue, or are we proposing what the
entire sfd summit will look like? What does a good proposal look like?

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Frederic Muller - SFI <
fred at softwarefreedomday.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Digital Freedom International (Aka Software Freedom International) is
> proud to announce it will start co-organizing Software Freedom Days
> under the name of SFD Summit with one local team each year starting this
> year, and therefore we are inviting local organizers to submit proposals
> to host our upcoming and first SFD Summit around September 15th 2012.
>
> The purpose of co-organizing such an event is to raise the profile of
> our celebrations while bringing a public space for discussions about the
> future of our movement. Over the past two years DFI/SFI has been through
> important changes in its governance such as expending community
> involvement through various committees, tightening our budget to remain
> cash positive, surveying SFD organizers and enhancing the team pack to
> enable teams to reuse the materials they receive, just to name a few of
> our efforts. It is now time to raise collaboration efficiency by getting
> together!
>
> While this will be the first occurrence of a SFD Summit we are still
> very open on the details and expect proposals to enhance our views on
> the matter. Our current vision is to initially organize a great local
> SFD bringing in international speakers and attracting both sponsors and
> media attention, thus boosting the reputation and influence of the
> selected local organizer. Furthermore an extra day or two should be
> planned to work on the year ahead, programs and actions which could be
> run under the DFI umbrella and status updates on ongoing activities such
> as software development, infrastructure, marketing and fund raising
> campaigns.
>
> If you are interested in hosting the upcoming SFD Summit in September
> 2012 please submit a formal proposal to board (at) softwarefreedomday
> (dot) org before July 1, 2012 Sunday UTC 2359. The proposal should
> address all of the relevant topics listed below:
>
> - Introduction of the country / city / organizer - why is this a good
> choice?
> - Recommended venues and logistics
> - Internet access
> - Accommodation choices
> - Local 1 day tour
> - Local community / government / industry support
> - Detail budget estimation and potential local sponsors
>
> The event is recommended to run for at least 2 days on 15 and 16,
> September 2012, with a combination of parallel tracks (at least 2
> tracks). The planning sessions for SFD contributors should not conflict
> with other SFD sessions. Other key points which will be taken into
> account when choosing a proposal, are listed on the Requirement List
> page a thttp://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/SfdSummit/RequirementList .
> Please check it out when putting together your proposal and feel free to
> contact sfd-discuss mailing list (or the board) if you have any further
> question. Also note that all profits from the summit will go to the DFI
> [...]

☮ ♥ Ⓐ
     .danny

This email is: [  ] bloggable   [ x ] shareable with consent   [  ] lethal
if repeated or forwarded

[𝄽#] The Silent Number - http://thesilentnumber.me/

µBlog: http://identi.ca/dpic