[SFD-discuss] [Planning-pt] Your wiki edits

Paulo Henrique Santana phls00 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:14:41 UTC 2012

Hi Fred and Nathaniel,

I'm from Curitiba, and now I created the city in Brazil.
I agree with Nathaniel, we don't need to create State and City.

Nathaniel, are you in the list planning-pt at sf-day.org ?
We can talk in portuguese there.

Regards,

2012/6/1 Frederic Muller - SFI <fred at softwarefreedomday.org>:
> Hi again!
>
> Great to know what happens. It means that there is a bug somewhere which
> I need to fix.
>
> I have copied the Portuguese mailing list and I'm sure there are plenty
> of people around here from Brazil as well (you can also attempt the IRC
> channel - #sfd on freenode - it's rather quiet these days though).
>
> It's of course ok to create a Country or City if this one doesn't exist,
> that's how it's done ;-)
>
> We have a guide here in case something is unclear:
> http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/CreateYourTeampage
>
> I'll check the 2012 page and fix the issue asap.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fred
> ps: also please communicate through the mailing lists as often your
> problem is someone else problem too, therefore it benefits more people.
> Thanks.
>

> On 06/01/2012 07:13 PM, Nathaniel Simch de Morais wrote:
>> Hi, i've created "Brazil" country because was not available. After
>> access "Brazil" the only option was "Create a State". So a created the
>> state and after this the option "Create City" apears. So, how can i
>> create a city directly in country? And i don't find a brazilian
>> community, so we decided to create the city (september 15 is near). We
>> alse tried to comunicate in the list but apears to have no one. Do you
>> knows or have a contact email of any person in Brazil?
>>
>> Thanks...
>>
>> 2012/6/1 Frederic Muller - SFI <fred at softwarefreedomday.org
>> <mailto:fred at softwarefreedomday.org>>
>>
>>     Dear Nathaniel,
>>
>>     I see you've been starting to create pages under Brazil and BRA in
>>     the wiki. You also added states in the structure which from previous
>>     years (2011 and 2010) doesn't seem necessary. First Brazil and BRA
>>     is a duplicated entry and makes it confusing so we'll keep Brazil as
>>     we have used in the past.
>>
>>     Have you considered checking with the Brazilian community first as
>>     well? planning-pt@ mailing list would be a good start, sfd-discuss@
>>     as well (copied on this email). Also if you're having specific
>>     issues please let me know. Currently there is no template for
>>     country in Brazilian/Portuguese but that is easy to fix (when you
>>     know how to speak that language - which I don't).
>>
>>     I will do some initial cleanup and deletion and then we can try to
>>     work out a solution from there.
>>
>>     Thanks.
>>
>>     Fred
>>

>> --
>> /Att./
>> /
>> /
>> /Nathaniel Simch de Morais/
>> /
>> /
>> /Twitter: @nathanielmorais/
>> /Skype: nathanielmorais/
>> /
>> /
>> "Pelo poder que Deus Pai deu, nestes últimos
> [...]

Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana
http://www.phls.com.br
Tel. (41) 9638-1897
GNU/Linux user: 228719  GPG ID: 0443C450