[SFD-discuss] Free Culture Disk

julien forgeat julienforgeat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 03:35:05 UTC 2012

Hi Fred

My understanding of these services policies is that they do not
explicitly prohibit large file hosting but will at least throttle
accounts that show bandwidth usage higher than what they consider
reasonable.

I have not checked all the terms of service but here is as a
reference, the clause from github

>If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by GitHub) of other GitHub customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.

I don't know how many release of the large DVD files are needed to
build the free culture disk but if this number is not too high, I
would point at bit torrent to leverage the difficult (free bandwidth;
large files) couple.

Julien