[SFD-discuss] Free Culture Disk

Frederic Muller - SFI fred at softwarefreedomday.org
Wed Jan 18 22:22:53 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I'd like to get started on preparing the free culture disk and fixing
the few issues we had last year (file formats, better content,
hosting/repository).

While I believe the people helping to make it happen are still available
to help, I was wondering which platform/site would be the best to host,
manage and distribute the project? Our requirements are simple:
- free bandwidth
- discussion channels (list or web based)
- easily accessible from all over the world (if possible)
- large size file storage (DVD size)
- version control system

So suggestions and experience on the matter definitely welcome.

Thanks.