[SFD-discuss] New Year, SOPA and SFD 2011 competition

Frederic Muller - SFI fred at softwarefreedomday.org
Wed Jan 18 12:44:52 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Best wishes to all of you and time for me to send out some updates:
- The SFI board has been re-elected. There is no change for 2012 which
is a good thing: a little stability should help us to reach new
territories :D
- We are of course very concerned about SOPA and have joined the strike
as many others. SFD website will come back from the dark on the 19th
- Lemote, a manufacturer of MIPS computers using only free drivers has
joined the rank of our sponsors for the SFD competition and will provide
3 Yeeloong netbook for the winners of 2011 (while prizes for the 2010
winners have almost all arrived, we're still tracking what's missing)
- The FSF will be providing again Richard Stallman essays and Richard
will sign the book himself for the 2nd year
- The competition participation form is now live and can be filled here:
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/cgi-bin/report.py . Only teams who
have registered their SFD events in 2011 can participate. You will also
need to provide the email address used for registration. Rules can be
checked when the SOPA strike is over at this address:
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/en/competition
=> any problem, bug, question please don't hesitate to email sfd-discuss

Let's make 2012 a great year for all of us. We are planning to resume
active preparations very soon and will let everyone know!

Thank you for your continuous support.

Sincerely

Frederic Muller
on behalf of the SFI board