[SFD-discuss] OT: Fully free colorimeter!

Frederic Muller - SFI fred at softwarefreedomday.org
Tue Nov 15 03:37:46 UTC 2011

Hi!

A slightly off season off topic post, but since it's addressing one of
my itches I thought I would share.

Richard Hughes has just launched a fully free (as in freedom)
colorimeter project where both the hardware schematics, the firmware and
the software will be released under a free license. He is looking for
pre-orders (50) and ships worldwide. Initial orders will get a 20%
discount making the final price at 48 GBP + shipping and packing.
Discount assume you'll be contributing to the project by helping out
testing the hardware and software and it might be a bit more complicated
than just plug-and-play.

Full announcement here:
http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2011/11/13/introducing-the-colorhug-open-source-colorimeter/

So if like me you've been longing for accurate colors on your screens
but didn't want to buy an overprice proprietary device that didn't even
have free drivers for your OS of choice, then it is the time to step up.

Thanks.

Fred
ps: I am not involved in the project at all, so please direct your
questions to Richard directly if you have any.