[SFD-discuss] [Marketing] the 3 DVDs from the team pack

Pockey Lam pockey at softwarefreedomday.org
Thu Jul 21 13:49:11 GMT 2011

hi there,

This kind of discussion shouldn't be in the marketing  mailing list so I
moved this discussion to sfd-discuss mailing list.

As Marcos said you don't need to register the event in order to prepare
or plan for your event. A lot of teams have already set up their wiki
page under http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2011/

Please stay tuned while the registration should be open shortly end of
this week or early next week. You may not know that the old registration
form has a lot of bugs so Fred has been working on a new script. Since
he is not a developer and he has very limited help, so let's give him
sometime to make us a Free Bug-free script for this year and the years
to come.

On 07/21/2011 09:17 PM, Marcos Marado wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Thursday 21 July 2011 14:14:25 endurance odion wrote:
>>    Good day
>> I am glad to write you once more please I really need to know when
>> registration of teams will start
> You can do it already. Just head to http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2011/
> and follow the link to your country, or, if it is not there, create it using
> the form in the bottom of that page.
>
>> , and also I dont know if it is possible
>> to get a covering letter or letter of introduction to enable me and my
>> team source for sponsorship to organize the software freedom day this year
>> to enable me and my team start organizing on time since the event is less
>> than two months from now and we really need to make ours better than what
>> we had last year thanks for your time
> I don't think we have any "sponsorship request template", but that would be a
> great idea.

SFI doesn't provide any letter to any local team to call for
sponsorship. However, I have been organizing SFD events since 2007 in
China, I believe as an organizer, what you need is to prepare a
sponsorship proposal and send it to different companies and
organizations that may be interested.  The proposal can include:

    * Organizers introduction
    * What is SFD
    * Objectives of the event
    * When and where
    * target audiences and expected number
    * activities and schedule
    * potential speakers
    * estimated budget with breakdown
    * sponsorship options / package / benefits
    * contact info

Hope it helps! All the best to your SFD event!

Pockey Lam
Director and Secretary
Software Freedom International