[HFD-discuss] [ru] bare AVR & Arduino programming tutorial

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 07:25:34 UTC 2014

[…]

 > For instance, I guess there could be, say, an introduction into using
 > the RepRap 3D printer, or various Arduino boards, or on programming
 > and interacting with “bare” AVR 8-bit and ARM Cortex M3 MCUs (which
 > themselves serve as the core of the Arduino boards) with free
 > software tools (such as Avrdude, OpenOCD, GDB, but also GCC,
 > GNU Binutils, GNU Make, etc.)

 > I’d appreciate if anyone could share any pointers to the materials
 > the teams could use (both while preparing for and at the event
 > itself), and I’ll also be looking myself if I can prepare anything to
 > share.

	At last, I was able to write (in Russian) some four little tasks
	on AVR programming – hopefully covering both “bare” MCUs and the
	Arduino Uno, Arduino Nano boards [1].  The tasks are:

	• making a simplistic ATmega8-based device on a breadboard –
	  just in case you have no access to an Arduino board, or wish
	  to know better of what such a board consists of;

	• blinking a LED at PB5 (Arduino Uno on-board one);

	• generating a PWM signal at around 100 Hz to make a LED (now at
	  PB1, or Arduino Uno D 10) glow with slowly increasing
	  brightness, repeatedly; (alternatively, a piezoelectric buzzer
	  may be connected, but I haven’t tested such a set up so far);

	• a simplistic postfix (reverse-polish) notation calculator
	  using Peter Fleury’s free software UART library [2].

	Naturally, all the text is under CC BY-SA 3.0 (and it’s possible
	that I’ll release the code separately under the CC0 Public
	Domain Dedication sometime later.)

[1] https://ru.wikiversity.org/wiki/Основы_микропроцессорной_техники
[2] http://homepage.hispeed.ch/peterfleury/avr-software.html#libs

--